Pipelines located at water crossings face unique challenges. Without reliable information, they can cause environmental contamination, interruption of water traffic and property damage. Corrpro’s water crossing external corrosion surveys are an effective tool to assess pipeline integrity threats, measure levels of cathodic protection and compliance with cathodic protection criteria and enable appropriate remediation to ensure safe and reliable operation of pipelines.
Corrpro has the necessary equipment and experienced technicians to perform water crossing surveys and offshore trailing wire surveys for almost any environment. These external corrosion surveys provide data for:
- Coating defect locations
- Coating quality
- Pipeline burial profiles and depth-of-cover measurements
- Sub-meter GPS coordinates
- Corrpro has extensive experience with the remediation of cased pipeline crossings.
- Corrpro also has experience with inspecting both new construction and maintenance work being performed by pipeline contractors or third party pipeline companies or contractors within or adjacent to your pipeline right of way.
- Our technicians can protect your assets by being on site as your representative to ensure that these companies and contractors are in compliance with crossing and proximity agreements and following correct ground disturbance procedures to prevent pipe contacts or other potential damage while these companies are working in, around, and on top of your pipeline and within the pipeline right of way.
- Typically third party utilities and contractors do not fully appreciate the scope of the safety certification and documentation requirements needed when they are working in proximity to pipelines.