- Permeable design does not inhibit the cathodic protection process
- Lightweight, easy to handle, store and transport
- Laboratory tested for impact resistance, low temperature bend, static puncture, tensile strength, tear strength and bacterial growth
- Density: 3/8” (9.53mm) = 0.825lbs/ft²
- Impact Resistance (ASTM G14): 3/8” (9.53mm) = minimum 110.6 lbs. (inch pounds) (12 Joules).
Before backfilling the pipe, determine which roll width would work best for your pipe. Once the material is selected, unroll the Rockshield along the top of the pipe. To ensure it stays in place, wrap the Rockshield around the pipe, covering the total pipes surface and secure the Rockshield using 1” Polyken 900-12 utility tape to go around the pipe in a ring. Space out your tape rings every 12-18 inches.
When ordering the Rockshield, please indicate the width of Rockshield required to cover the pipe and the number of rolls required to cover the exposed area. Keep in mind that the use of 1” Polyken Utility tape to secure the Rockshield works best when wrapping the pipe. Please indicate the number of cases required to complete the task.