Cured-in-Place Pipe for Industrial Applications
A pipe collapse can have catastrophic effects on plant operations, your budget and your bottom line. Insituform and other Aegion companies can help you avoid the costs of a failure or downtime by proactively renewing your underground assets.
A large number of pipes, sewers and drainage systems running under industrial plants are approaching or have exceeded their expected design life. Insituform can prevent pipeline problems by maintaining and protecting pipelines. As a pioneer in the trenchless pipeline repair industry, Insituform’s affordable solutions renew and extend the life of underground piping and drainage structures.
Insituform is a worldwide provider of pipeline protection products. With over 40 years in the industry, our experience is unmatched and we address your top concerns.
- Experience – More than 25,000 miles of pipe rehabilitated with
- High Quality Products – ISO 9001:2008 certification for
design, manufacturing, installation and service.
- Technical Support – In-house research, engineering and
materials expertise allow Insituform to tailor a solution to handle
even the most complex pipeline problems.
- Responsibility – As a vertically integrated company, Insituform
is responsible for every aspect of our product.
- Operational Impact – Insituform’s trenchless products require little digging and limited access, meaning that disruption to daily plant operations are minimal — potentially avoiding a plant shutdown.
- Speed – Insituform products can be installed in hours, as opposed to conventional restoration methods that can take weeks or even months. Insituform keeps your plant running.
Structural Integrity – Insituform® Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) is a fully structural solution. Independent test data confirms that CIPP has a design life of 50 to 100 years. Insituform® CIPP extends the useful life of your assets.
- Flow Capacity – The smooth, jointless surface provided by Insituform® CIPP actually increases flow capacity inside the rehabilitated pipe. Insituform® CIPP also reduces maintenance costs over the life of the pipeline due to its smooth interior that is abrasion resistant and eliminates joints and seams that may separate over time.
- Safety – Safety is a priority for Insituform. Insituform holds its crews to the highest of safety standards*. Each crew member regularly undergoes rigorous safety training and our teams are backed by a large network of experienced safety support professionals.
Aegion's Industrial Products
As a member of Aegion Corporation’s family of companies, Insituform and its sister companies can work together to complete complex industrial projects. In addition to Insituform’s solutions, United, Corrpro and Fibrwrap also provide leading infrastructure solutions.
- Insituform® CIPP: A jointless, seamless pipe-within-a-pipe that renews structural integrity to water, wastewater and industrial pipelines while increasing flow capacity, Insituform® CIPP significantly reduces long-term maintenance costs and can be installed with minimal disruption in pipes ranging from 6- to 96-inches in diameter.
- The InsituMain® System: Ideal for the renewal of pressure pipelines up to 60-inches in diameter, the InsituMain® System is engineered and manufactured to project specifications. It can be designed as an interactive or independent solution to meet your precise rehabilitation needs. Installation requires little to no disruption to your plant operations.
- Tite Liner®: A high-density polyethylene (HDPE) lining method, Tite Liner® is used in the oil, gas, mining and chemical industries to protect pipelines against internal corrosion and abrasion.
- Cathodic Protection: Advanced systems and programs prevent the loss of metal and the loss of coatings due to corrosion. Properly designed, installed and maintained cathodic protection systems can effectively save plant owners tens of thousands of dollars in maintenance, repair and re-coating costs.
- Tyfo® Fibrwrap® Composite Systems: This fiber-reinforced polymer material is ideal for strengthening industrial structures because of its high strength-to-weight ratio and its ease of installation. Fibrwrap® can be installed with minimal impact to the operations of the structure an is easily installed around existing equipment and instrumentation.
CIPP Project Examples
- At a paper mill in North Carolina, Insituform® CIPP was installed in reinforced concrete pipe processed sewers during scheduled maintenance shutdowns as a preventive measure to avoid costly work production disruptions.
- Insituform installed CIPP on a 15-inch diameter storm line in South Carolina at a nuclear disposal location to prevent pipe failure and reduce exposure to hazardous soil conditions.
- An oil refinery in Illinois was experiencing infiltration at its river outfall. Insituform® CIPP was used to rehabilitate the storm pipe. Following installation, the new pipe passed all testing.
Insituform is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for
all of our employees. Our commitment to safety minimizes the impact
on the environment, controls risks to our employees and maintains
safe work practices.
Insituform Safety and Health Management Systems comply with all
relevant government regulations regarding personal health and safety.
In addition, our business platforms are focused on leading indicators
which are aligned with the zero injury safety culture. To prevent
injuries, the groups are looking at leading indicators such as behavior
based safety trend analysis, near miss reporting, safety auditing,
safety culture days and safety training.
Insituform demands full commitment and active participation from
every manager, supervisor and employee in our comprehensive safety
plan which covers every activity in our business. The health and
safety of our employees will never be compromised
in any of our activities.