Field Joint Coating Services
Aegion Coating Services has engineered, designed, built and serviced its own fleet of field joint coating equipment for more than 20 years. Aegion Coating Services has applied anti-corrosion coating to over two million field joints worldwide and is home to one of the world's largest fleet of field joint coating systems.
Field Joint Coating Description
The field joint, or the bare part of the pipeline surrounding the weld area, is extremely susceptible to corrosion. Aegion Coating Services provides the finest equipment and personnel to apply field joint coatings along the right-away, onshore, offshore and spoolbases.
Types of Field Joint Coatings
- Single-layer fusion bond epoxy (FBE)
- Abrasive-Resistant Overcoat (ARO)
- Polyurethane field joint infill (HDPU)
- Injection-molded polyurethane infill (IMPU)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
- 3LPP/3LPE field joint coatings
- High-temperature FBE (ACS™ HT-200)
- 100% solid epoxies
- Multi-layer liquid coating
- UV coating
- Low-application FBE (LAT-FBE)